A simple, satisfying luncheon dish from Inge Kramarz’s The Balkan Cookbook.
Somewhere between a quiche and a flan, this “cheese souffle” eats more like a savoury pie. Served with a side salad, some jam or maybe even some sour cream, I found this to be a pretty enjoyable dish.
1 lb cottage cheese
4 tbsp cornmeal
2 tbsp flour
3 tbsp butter
3 tbsp sour cream
1 tsp sugar
- Put cottage cheese into a food processor and blend smooth. Keep in processor.
- Beat eggs and add to food processor along with cornmeal, flour, butter, sour cream, salt to taste, and sugar. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into a buttered souffle dish.
- Bake in pre-heated over at 400 degrees for 45 minutes or until the surface takes on a golden brown hue.
- Serve with a side salad and jam.