Chocolate pudding? Chocolate pudding! This chocolate pasticciera cream is a delicious made from scratch chocolate pudding that acts as the perfect vehicle for anything you’d like to pair with it, in this case some absolutely luxurious Amareena cherries.
3 tbsp sugar
3 egg yolks
3 tbsp flour
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 cups milk
1 tbsp butter
2 oz dark baker’s chocolate
- In a saucepan combine sugar, egg yolks, flour and vanilla.
- In a second sauce pan scald the milk.
- Slowly integrate milk into the sugar mixture stirring constantly over a low heat.
- Bring to a low boil and cook for 4 minutes stirring constantly, being careful to lower heat if needed to prevent clotting.
- Strain if necessary to achieve a smooth finish.
- Add in grated chocolate and butter, stirring until fully mixed and let cool. Stirring occasionally to prevent a skin from forming on surface.